Sunday, February 20, 2011

..Like Taking First Steps

Wow. My first blog entry. A week ago, i didn't truly understand what the word "blog" really meant. Technology and i were never really good friends, you see. I was always, and still think of myself as a "pen and paper" kind of girl.
The last time i wrote something non-academic and  had someone read it was when i was a little girl. Writing was my passion, my outlet, my "thing". I would write poems, short stories, unsent letters, newspaper articles, even books. And then something happened. Nothing dramatic actually, just life. And growing up. And with every birthday cake, i grew farther and farther away from my pen and paper.
Thinking back, i don't really know why i completely shut this part of myself out, but the fact that i'm writing this right now, after researching tutorials on blogs, forcing myself to try again, is just proof that i've been mourning. Mourning something that was a big part of me, that defined me in some sort of way. Now that I feel  at a stage in my life where growing up is becoming more palpable, with the number 26 branded on birthday cards, and the married status that i look forward to in a year, i mourn the part of me that made me who i am. The part of me that my fiancĂ© doesn't really know, and that my family keep urging me to bring back. The part that i've been eager yet terrified to find again.
So.. after almost 10 years of sleep, i'm taking a first step. A step that i owe to myself, where i will freeze time for a little while every now and then, and write. Just write. Write about the little things, that are so small and simple, that are so ordinary...and yet under the proper light can be nothing but extraordinary.
Being a psychology instructor and a child facilitator, motivation has always been my weapon of choice. My magic. I use their motivation to reach them and teach them. Somewhere along the way, i forgot to reach myself.
Time to use the magic on me. On the little girl with the short stories. On Meg. And who knows? Maybe i'll get to be the "pen and paper" girl once again.  
 


9 comments:

  1. That's a great start hayete! Keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Meg <3 I loved your first post, and I am excited to check up on it daily.. I've already bookmarked your blog so you are added to my daily reading list :) Don't forget that the pen and paper girl still exists, (I have all your books and school papers stored in our garage to prove it!) I think you're doing something great, keep it up. Until next time, I'll be anxiously awaiting your next post! <3
    Tuna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Meg. I absolutely LOVE it and I am looking forward to reading your little stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Meg. i'm sure this step you made will be an inspiration to all of us to start doing the things we used to enjoy before LIFE intrupted it. Love u. waiting for ur next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud megmougte! Can't wait to keep reading into ur mind. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im enjoying reading this so much.. keep it coming, on days that I have the luxury to have my coffee at home, as opposed to on the road! I read your blog as i have my coffee, and it is the best start to my day :) I love you meg! xxx

    ReplyDelete